It is the policy of Hillgrove Resources Limited to protect the environment, public health, safety and natural resources by establishing environmental excellence as a primary objective for all company operations and activities. The achievement of this objective is characterized by conducting operations in an environmentally sound manner and continual improvement in our environmental performance.
To carry out this policy, we:
- Establish environmental improvement objectives for every operation and assign responsibility and accountability for environmental performance and continuous improvement to managers and supervisors;
- Establish as an essential element of management the implementation of this policy fully into our design, operation and contracting activities;
- Comply with all laws and regulations relating to the environment and public health and safety; and where laws and regulations do not exist adopt appropriate standards, and where technically and economically feasible provide additional levels of protection;
- Provide adequate resources to implement this policy;
- Ensure employees awareness of this policy and the legal penalties for violations of laws and regulations, and encourage internal and external communications regarding this policy and company environmental practices and issues;
- Conduct constructive communications with interested parties related to environmental and public health and safety issues and take appropriate measures to make positive contributions to the economic and social well being of the communities in which we operate;
- Implement measures to conserve natural resources such as energy and water;
- Minimise the generation of hazardous waste and ensure proper disposal of all wastes;
- Support the use of sound scientific principles in decisions related to environmental and public health and safety issues by conducting or supporting appropriate research, studies and evaluations to develop more effective methods for the protection of the environment, public health and safety, and mitigation of impacts related to our activities;
- Develop, implement and test environmental incident contingency plans;
- Conduct periodic reviews and environmental audits of all operations and activities of the company to assure implementation of this policy, sound environmental management practices, identification of potential improvements and impacts on the environment, natural resources and the public, and report the findings to management and take timely corrective actions as appropriate.
Environmental Protection and Biodiversity Conservation Act (EPBC):
Please refer to the links below for Hillgrove's annual compliance reporting under the Environmental Protection and Biodiversity Conservation Act (EPBC).
2015 EPBC Act Compliance Report
2016 EPBC Act Compliance Report
2017 EPBC Act Compliance Report
2018 EPBC Act Compliance Report
2019 EPBC Act Compliance Report
2020 EPBC Act Compliance Report
2014 Kanmantoo Mine NVMP
2016 Kanmantoo Mine NVMP Addenda Giant Cut Back
2017 Mining Inspection Report Kanmantoo Copper Mine (May 2017)